The word environment is referring to the conditions, which is surrounding the ecosystem or the community of living things. These conditions will include many factors like temperature and climate of the area, type of soil, availability of water and what animals and other living things are present over there.
The factors, which are affecting the environment, are falling under four main headings like hydrologicprocesses, geomorphic processes, and atmospheric processes. This all processes are closely related with each other, and sometimes they are overlapping with each other.
The biotic process is mostly involves the living organisms. Different living organisms are having different effects on the environment, for example, the roots of plants will help in anchoring the soil while burrowing animals like a rabbit will move it around. The different proportions of plants and animals in different environments will affect the environment as the whole.
Geomorphic processes are shaping the land. This will include the processes of erosion, weathering, transportation, and deposition. Weathering happens when the rocks are broken by chemical, mechanical or biotic means.
Benefits of a Healthy Environment
- Healthy environment refers to pure air, water and greenery with a peaceful and serene atmosphere.
- For children having a good environment means all of the above and additionally the factors of safety and happiness always present.
- For animals providing good environment also means good air, water, safety from human encroachment in their habitat along with serenity in their space.
- The environment is a big determinant in the development of an individual or a society.
- These days with growing awareness in protecting the environment, people are taking steps in the right direction in preserving nature.
- These steps involve planting more trees, protesting against pollution and cutting down carbon emissions from vehicles, disposing trash in the proper place and cutting down the use of plastic.
- Encouraging the use of public transport and making laws against loud sounds or setting a limit to it are ways of improving the quality of the environment.
Having realized the damage our actions have done, it is the need of the hour to contribute to restoring the environment.