Cleanliness refers to the aspect of someone staying clean both physically and mentally. Being clean in these two areas has been attributed to a persons’ character and also their spirituality.
The phrase ‘cleanliness is next to godliness’ has hence been used by many religions in the world to illustrate that the first step to having a Godly life is to be clean both on the outside and on the inside.
In order to maintain both internal and external cleanliness, you have to consider the following steps.
Steps taken to maintain cleanliness
- The first step to maintain physical cleanliness is to ensure that you intake a lot of water. Water in the body helps to get rid of toxins and waste. It will also help you beat the fat that has accumulated in the skin tissue. Water also leaves you feeling more energetic and refreshed.
- You should also ensure that you take daily exercises that will help you remain strong and healthy. Exercises will also help you get rid of fat and waste in the body through sweating.
- You can also maintain mental cleanliness by taking time to meditate. This will help you relax your mind and relieve stress and anxiety. It will meditation will also act as a source of positivity in your life.
- You can ensure physical cleanliness through maintaining personal hygiene. This includes practices like taking daily showers, brushing the teeth regularly and washing our hands before eating our foods.
- You can also maintain cleanliness by eating healthy foods. This includes foods like vegetables and fruits. This will ensure that you maintain an ideal body weight which contributes to better health.
- Cleanliness is also maintained through getting adequate rest. Getting enough sleep will ensure that your body remains energetic and you remain productive and more focused.
- You can also achieve cleanliness by cleaning your surroundings. This is achieved through collecting trash and cleaning our homes.
Importance of cleanliness
- Maintaining cleanliness helps in the prevention of diseases. Some of these diseases include typhoid, cholera hepatitis, etc. these diseases occur as a result of lack of clean surroundings.
- Maintaining cleanliness also greatly contributes towards your religious or spiritual life. This is due to the fact that most religions believe that before worship, purifying oneself is important.
- Lack of cleanliness also contributes to environmental pollution. This is through the spread of trash and garbage.
- Maintaining mental cleanliness through acts like meditation will ensure that we are able to maintain high levels of mental health. This is through reduced levels of stress and anxiety.
- Cleanliness also makes our bodies more energetic and refreshed. We are hence able to become more productive and focused in our work.
- When you are living in a clean environment, your psychological health improves as a result. Maintaining personal hygiene and cleaning our surrounding leads to a more cheerful individual.
- Maintaining a clean healthy mind will ensure that we are able to avoid evil thoughts and planning evil.When we mediate and regularly exercise our minds, we do away with an idle mind which contributes to sinful life.
- Maintaining cleanliness will give you a sense of belonging and well being. This is achieved by leading a happier and healthier life.
- Maintaining cleanliness also improves our relationships with other people. People become friendlier to people who maintain a decent level of physical and mental cleanliness.
- Maintaining cleanliness habits such as eating healthy foods and fruits contributes to radiant and healthier skin.
Cleanliness is a virtue that every human being should strive to uphold. Maintain a clean physical and mental environment will contribute massively to a more established and fulfilled life. Cleanliness also contributes to lowered mortality rates as illnesses contributed by unclean surrounding are avoided.