Junk Food refers to packaged or pre-prepared food that has very nutritional value and comes with an exorbitant number of calories in the form of fat and sugar.
The Western world has lent its fair share of influence on the Indian states throughout the nation, not just in the form of clothes, language but also in the food that we consume on a daily basis. Today, more and more people eat junk food such as burgers and fries, pizzas, pastries, white bread, sugary drinks, etc.
Don’t all of us love that? Junk food is exactly what it says–junk! Food with little nutritional value and more unhealthy nutrients is called Junk food. But the truth is that even if you might not recognize it immediately, the side-effects of eating junk food are immense. So, what is at stake if you keep up with the trend? Check it out.
Reasons why you shouldn’t take junk food too often
- It causes fatigue, and even though you might feel satisfied and full after a meal of junk food, your energy levels will go down.
- It may impair your digestive system.
- Junk food such as mass-produced burgers has a lot of unhealthy oil. Foods such as cakes, doughnuts, even though they taste delicious have a lot of sugar and refined flour. Sugar is a known unhealthy sweetener. The flour has all the husk taken away to make the dough elastic. Juices are most often made out of concentrates with a lot of sugar added, even against the claims.
- Junk food lacks nutritional value is at best a quick meal in cases of hurry or every once in a while just for treating your palate. Chips and package juices are also unhealthy and considered junk for the low nutritional value that they have.
- It causes an enormous amount of fluctuation in your blood sugar levels.
- Packaged food too is made with preservatives to last and, sometimes, with substandard ingredients to cut costs. They are to be sparsely used.
- Soda, coke and other carbonated drinks are devoid of nutrition even though they help in times of minor digestion problems. On the other hand, they have too much sugar and many times high caffeine levels.
- It causes liver and kidney damage.
From the above discussion, it is clear that you should embrace a healthy diet as well as a holistic lifestyle to stay on top of your game each day. Junk foods are more popular with children and youngsters because of the interesting taste. Schools are taking the lead to educate them about the harmful effects of consuming them regularly. There is an increasing awareness to cut down consumption of junk food in favor of healthy fresh foods as the value of maintaining good health is being seen