Internet and Its Uses – Essay 1.
The internet is a worldwide digital network which provides a wide array of information alongside communication provisions and is made up of interlinked networks all of which make use of regulated communication commands.
The internet is one of the most used platforms in the world today particularly because of its limitless access to information from different subjects and times in history.
The internet and its uses play a very critical role in the life of each and every individual, especially the literate ones and can most be appreciated in the 21st Century.
Uses of the internet
The internet is used for research purposes mainly because it has unrestricted access to a vast amount of data from all parts of the world and over.
Internet is also used for communication purposes through protocols such as email and many more in that it provides a platform through which information can be sent hence bridges geographical gap.
Download and upload of files is also another significant use of the internet, where the subject is able to access different files due to the permission the internet has, as well as send information. It does not matter where the files were uploaded from.
You can also achieve conduction of interactive games as well as discussion groups over the internet regardless of the groups’ geographical position in that all of you could b at different corners of the world.
Education and self-improvement can also be done over the internet by making reference to multiple educational materials available over the internet. Electronic newspapers and magazines fall here.
It is also possible to make friends and even date over the internet by provisions such as chatting and even making video calls.
Internet and Its Uses – Essay 2.
Internet has been one of most revolutionary technological advances of our times. Internet is the network of computing system across the globe that is connected by cable or by satellite communication system.
Internet has made lots of knowledge stores virtually available to anyone and at any time as long as one has access to an internet connection. Transmission and exchange of information takes place at a lightning speed.
Every possible piece of information that is available in the public domain makes up a very vast information bank making it easier for learning, and for research. At the same time it is an effective medium of mass communication given its public reach. So on the one hand it has the potential to reach the disseminate information and make use of it or it could turn out to be destructive too. It is up to each one of us to make the best use of this blessing and not make it a bane.
Uses of Internet
- Internet has made almost unlimited amounts of information available to everyone.
- Since many official procedures are available online, internet has dramatically reduced the processing time for them such as registration of a business, application for a passport etc.
- Critical information, such as the traffic situation on road or air etc. is easily available avoiding many harassing situations for passengers.
- Internet has made commerce very easy. People can browse the online shops virtually and make payments for shopping online.
- Learning has become easier due to the information and learning material that is available online.
- Many courses can be conducted online thus making distance learning much more feasible.
- Internet banking has made transfer of funds much easier. One doesn’t have to carry around cash in large amounts.
- Because of internet the availability of jobs also goes up as online jobs with no location restriction become easier.
- Quality of work of all kinds improves since the candidate pool for any job is bigger.
- For readers, all kind of books available at one’s finger tips, many of them free of cost, online.
- Internet also makes it easy for people to connect on issues close to their hearts. Parents from across the globe and discuss children’s issues etc., which works as a support group.
- Entertainment has become easily available through internet media such as YouTube.
- Internet has made social contacts much easier to maintain.
- Crime can be reduced if social media is used as an awareness tool.
- Internet has also made medical issues easier to handle by sharing the reports and diagnosis of a patient through email etc.
- Pictures and videos can be easily shared over the internet.
- Video apps on the internet have made video calls not just possible but also common getting people closer.
- Paying bills etc. is also much easier due to internet making life much simpler especially for the elderly.
- A young mother can watch her toddler in a day care while she works through the CCTV connected to the internet.
- Internet makes it easier to reach out to the experts across the globe for consultations if necessary because of the internet.
Internet while it has its advantages also has some drawbacks. While we must make the best use of the advantages as have been enumerated above we must avoid the problems connected with it. While we stay connected with our family abroad we must know how to be close to the family that is physically close without losing the personal touch. As we enjoy the sights of far off places, we must keep in mind not to drown ourselves in the world of gadgets at the cost of living the real life around us.