Earth Day is celebrated annually on April 22 to spread awareness about environmental protection and acknowledge the global climate crisis. Earth Day was founded in 1970 by a person in America. That name was Senator Gaylord Nelson.
With every passing day, the climate is getting worse and it is our duty to save and conserve mother nature. This year the theme for Earth Day is “Invest in Our Planet.” The theme focuses on acting in a bold way, innovating in a broad way, and implementing in an equitable manner. This day is celebrated to make people aware of how they can be an advantage in saving the Earth from pollution, global warming, and water scarcity.
Here we have brought you some amazing essay and speech ideas that will guide students to write a perfect essay.
Earth Day: Essay Ideas
- You can start your essay by writing about the earth and how the earth is impacted due to pollution, global warming, ozone layer depletion, and more.
- In the middle of the essay, you can talk about the history and significance of Earth day and how it came into effect.
- You can give a conclusion by adding some initiatives that are taken to conserve mother earth by giving out tips on how to conserve the planet. These tips can include suggestions such as:
- Plant more trees
- Spread awareness by organising various programs
- Recycle things that can be reused
Importance of World Earth Day
Earth Day is praised worldwide to make mindfulness about the consistently expanding global warning, to advise openly about the catastrophic influences it has on our day-to-day lives. Different consuming issues identified with environmental change, continually expanding ocean levels, exhaustion of the ozone layer, and merciless deforestation are discussed in the open.
Each person can contribute in their specific manner to make this day a success. On this day, there are a few volunteers who go to a close-by land to plant trees for a greener planet while others choose to clean neighbouring paths. Each one of us should hold hands to praise World Earth Day on April 22 in any way.
FAQs about Earth Day
1. How did Earth Day come into existence?
Earth Day was announced by Gaylord Nelson, a former politician of the US and conservationist, in 1970 when there was huge damage to the environment caused by the oil explosion. So, he decided to celebrate Earth Day to protect nature, and later on, the concept was adopted by other countries in the world.
2. Why do we celebrate Earth Day?
Earth Day is celebrated to honour our earth and create awareness of the need to protect them. Due to many issues like pollution, global warming, and deforestation, our earth is suffering. Earth Day enables people to understand these problems and motivates them to protect our earth from further harm and danger.
3. Who is called the Father of Earth day?
Earth Day was founded by American senator Gaylord Nelson for environmental education.
4. What is the purpose of Earth Day?
The theme for Earth Day is “Invest in Our Planet.” Earth Day is focused on accelerating solutions to combat our greatest threat, climate change, and to activate everyone – governments, citizens, and businesses – to do their part. Everyone accounted for, and everyone was accountable.
5. Who is called the father of Earth Day?
Senator Gaylord Nelson is the father of Earth Day.
6. What is the motto of Earth Day?
Earth Day is celebrated annually on 22 April. The Earth Day theme is ‘Invest In Our Planet’.
7. What is the objective of Earth Day?
Earth Day is an annual celebration that honors the achievements of the environmental movement and raises awareness of the need to protect Earth’s natural resources for future generations.